SPECIAL INFORMATION REGARDING FILING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE DURING THE COVID 19 OUTBREAK
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Kentucky Career Center - Cumberlands will not be providing in-person services until further notice. Below is the information you need about filing Unemployment Insurance claims.
Are You Eligible?
If you are laid off due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance.
Waiting Period Suspended
Governor Beshear's Executive Order means that the seven-day waiting period is temporarily suspended.
You Will Need The Following To File Your UI Claim
- Social Security OR Alien Registration Number
- Business Information
- Dates of Employment
- Complete Mailing Address;
- Phone Number
EMPLOYER INFORMATION (for the last 18 months)
- Business/Company Name
- Business/Company Mailing Address
- Business/Company Phone Number
- Dates of Employment
- Reason you are no longer working for EACH employer
OTHER INFO YOU MAY NEED
- If you worked in other states: List of states in which you worked.
- If you worked for a Temporary Agency: Name/Address of Temporary Agency.
- If you worked for the Federal Government: Agency name; Component name; Copy of your Standard Form (SF8, SF50).
- If you were in the US Military: Copy of your DD214 Member 4.
- If you worked through a skilled trade union; Name of contractor.
Daily Claims By Last Name
In order to serve you better, UI claims will be filed on a specific day of the week based on the first letter of your last name.
- Sunday, March 22: A-D
- Monday, March 23: E-H
- Tuesday, March 24: I-L
- Wednesday, March 25: M-P
- Thursday, March 26: Q-U
- Friday, March 27: V-Z
- Friday, March 27: If You Missed Your Day
To File A Claim
502-875-0422 or 877-369-5984
Questions About Your Claim
If you have questions regarding your claim, please contact your local Kentucky Career Center at 606-677-4124 or the state at 502-875-0442 or 877-369-5984.
KCC Physical Office Locations Closed
Following Governor Beshear's executive order, all 13 physical office locations of the Kentucky Career Center - Cumberlands will remain closed until further notice. While our physical locations are closed to the public, please continue to follow our Facebook/social media or visit our website at http://www.cumberlandsworkforce.com to stay informed about the latest information.